Effective Date: October 5, 2021
Information We Collect
We may collect personal data from or on behalf of Merchants. Merchants determine the scope of the personal data transferred to us or that we collect, and the information we receive may vary by Merchant. Typically, the information we collect on behalf of Merchants includes:
Information that we collect when a Merchant’s customers make a payment
When a customer makes a payment via a Clover POS, we collect information about the transaction, which may include personal data. Information about transactions includes the payment card used, name associated with the payment card, the location of the merchant’s store, date and time of the transaction, transaction amount, and information about the goods or services purchased in the transaction.
Additional information Merchants’ customers provide through the Clover POS ancillary to a payment
We may collect additional information ancillary to the payment. This information may include:
- Customers’ email address or phone number, such as when the customer chooses to receive an electronic receipt
- Customers’ marketing preferences, such as whether the customer wishes to receive marketing communications or newsletters
- Information about participating customers’ activity in a merchant loyalty program
- Customers’ physical address, where needed for delivery of goods or services
- Other information the customer provides, such as birthdate, interests or preferences, reviews, and feedback
Information that we collect about Merchants’ personnel
We may collect information about Merchants’ personnel and interactions with the Clover POS, such as clock-in and clock-out time and tips earned. For payroll, Human Resources, and benefits purposes we may also collect Merchants’ personnel’s name, email, phone number, address, Social Security Number, bank account information, Withholding Tax status, emergency contact information, garnishment information, and other data that pertains to payroll, HR, and company benefits.
Additional information that Merchants provide to us about their customers or personnel
Merchants may provide us with additional information directly, via access they grant to us, or otherwise. The types of information that merchants may provide to us about their customers include email addresses, phone numbers, and purchase history. The types of information that merchants may provide to us about their personnel include email addresses, phone numbers, shifts, and sales history, pay rates, pay codes, hire dates, and other information that pertains to payroll, HR, and company benefits.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the personal data we collect for or on behalf of Merchants, to provide our services and the functionality of our application: calculating gross and net pay for employees, filing and paying payroll taxes, creating and distributing year-end reports such as W2s, creating and distributing employee pay stubs electronically, sending employee direct deposits, collecting employee data digitally to apply to payroll, HR, and benefits administration, collecting job candidate information digitally for employment screening purposes, calculating, deducting, and paying benefit payments, and any other task that pertains to payroll, HR, and company benefits.
We may also use personal data for related internal purposes, including:
- To provide information about the application, such as important updates or changes to the application and security alerts
- To measure performance of and improve the application
- To respond to inquiries, complaints, and requests for customer support
In addition, Company may use personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our application; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Information
We may share personal data that we collect with:
- The Merchant from whom or on whose behalf we collected the personal data
- The platform on which our application runs, the Clover POS. You may view Clover’s Privacy Notice here.
- With third parties as a Merchant may direct
- With third party service providers that help us manage and improve the application
Company may disclose personal data to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our application; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
Data Subject Rights
To the extent that applicable law provides individuals with rights pertaining to their personal information, such as to review and request changes to their personal information, individuals should contact the Merchant with any requests pertaining to the Merchant’s use of our application. To the extent that Clover is responsible for responding to data subject rights requests under applicable law, individuals may contact Clover with applicable requests as explained in Clover’s Privacy Notice, https://www.clover.com/privacy-policy. Company will assist a Merchant, or Clover, as applicable, in responding to such requests subject to our contract with a Merchant or Clover.
If you have a complaint about our handling of personal data, you may contact us via the contact information provided below.
Your California privacy rights
As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and we may decline your request as permitted by the CCPA.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information; and, if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we maintain about you.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as by denying you goods or services, increasing the price/rate of goods or services, decreasing the service quality, or suggesting that we may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights. However, the CCPA allows us to charge you a different price or provide a different service quality if that difference is reasonably related to the value of the Personal Information we are unable to use.
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your California privacy rights as follows:
Right to information, access and deletion
You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights in the following ways:
- Call 1-843-998-7091
- Identity verification. The CCPA requires us to verify the identity of the individual submitting the request before providing a substantive response to the request. A request must be provided with sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond. The requester must provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that the individual is the person about whom we collected information. A request may also be made on behalf of your child under 13.
- Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We may require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
Sale of personal information
We do not sell, as defined under CCPA, your Personal Information to third parties.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
Personal information that we collect, use and share
|Category (see the glossary below for definitions)||Do we collect this information?||Do we share this information for business purposes?|
|Protected Classification Characteristics||Yes||Yes|
|Internet or Network Information||No||No|
|Professional or Employment Information||Yes||Yes|
|Categories of Personal Information||Date Elements within the Category|
|Biometric Information||An individual’s physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics, including DNA, that can be used, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying data, to establish an individual’s identity. Biometric information includes, but is not limited to, imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a face print, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.|
|Transaction History||Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Financial Information||Bank account number, debit or credit card numbers, insurance policy number, and other financial information.|
|Geolocation Data||Precise location, e.g., derived from GPS coordinates or telemetry data.|
|Identifiers||Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, customer number, email address, account name other similar identifiers.|
|Government-issued ID||Social security number, driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued ID, including an ID number or image.|
|Medical Information||Personal information about an individual’s health or healthcare, including health insurance information.|
|Internet or Network Information||Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.|
|Online Identifiers||An online identifier or other persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a person, family or device, over time and across different services, including but not limited to, a device identifier; an Internet Protocol address; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers (i.e., the identification of a person or a device to a degree of certainty of more probable than not) that can be used to identify a particular person or device.|
|Physical Description||An individual’s physical characteristics or description (e.g., hair color, eye color, height, weight).|
|Professional or Employment Information||Information relating to a person’s current, past or prospective employment or professional experience (e.g., job history, performance evaluations), and educational background.|
|Protected Classification Characteristics||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|Sensory Information||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
1495 Remount Rd N. Charleston, SC 29406